TRENDING

Monday, March 10, 2014

Why I couldn’t donate kidney for my husband –OJB’s wife, Korede

 

OJB’s third wife, Korede Okongbowa, has opened up on why she could not donate a kidney to save her ailing husband, OJB. Obviously in a happy mood that he survived at last, Korede said she could have donated her own kidney but as at the time the issue of transplant came up, she had just given birth.

“I’m a perfect match for him but I had a baby a month before the transplant issue came up, so they had to exclude me because I had surgery during the childbirth. That’s the reason I didn’t donate. In fact, the kidneys of all his three wives quite matched his own. But for the surgery I had while giving birth to my baby, I would have donated my kidney without thinking about it; he is my husband after all.”

How did Korede feel when she heard her husband needed a transplant? “I wasn’t surprised because we had been treating him back and forth and when we concluded on transplant, I held unto my God and prayers. Thank God he pulled through.”

What was the most challenging experience for her while the ordeal lasted: “Waking up every morning and not knowing what to expect. However, I never lost hope because I am a Christian,” she concluded.

SUN

No comments: